If you have been the victim of securities fraud, finding and hiring a securities fraud attorney can make the difference between good results and great results. Of course, an attorney cannot guarantee the outcome of a case – if he or she does, this should be setting off alarms – but a great securities fraud attorney will be a zealous advocate on your behalf and leave no stone unturned in their pursuit of your justice.
Things to Look for Before Hiring a Securities Fraud Attorney
Before making the decision to hire an attorney, consider the following steps in advance of your final decision:
- Has he or she handled several cases like yours before? If so, what were the outcomes? It is important to know that your attorney is well-versed in the legal intricacies and complexities relating to your issue.
- Get a second opinion. A confident attorney will feel comfortable telling you what to expect and should be open a second opinion. Further, different attorneys will have different methods for approaching the same problem, and you need to decide which one you are more comfortable with.
- Be clear about pricing. Will the attorney accept your case on a contingency-fee basis, where they only would get paid when and if they recover money for you? Will you be charged per hour? A flat fee? Discussing a lawyer’s compensation from your case may not be uncomfortable, but it is critical that you understand the financial arrangement and whether your attorney’s financial interests are aligned with your own interests.
Review Past Case Results
A team of experienced securities fraud attorneys should be able to share with you examples of past case results. Our attorneys have achieved favorable verdicts, settlements, judgments or arbitration awards, some of which are listed below:
- $90 million recoveries in favor of a real estate developer involved in a contractual dispute with a competing developer over development rights.
- $80 million recovered in a securities fraud class action against a brokerage firm for selling fraudulent securities from a Ponzi scheme after not conducting proper due diligence.
- $17 million recovered from an investor after placing client funds in an unsuitably risky derivative investment.
DKR Securities Fraud Attorneys Can Help
With offices in Los Angeles our securities lawyers have helped investment fraud victims throughout Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and Hollywood and recovered over $100 million from banks and brokerages firms for their wrongful actions.