Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A. Investigates Sales of Leveraged UBS ETRACS Exchange Traded Notes
Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A. is investigating brokerage firm recommendations and sales of
UBS ETRACS exchange-traded notes (ETNs).
As these are risky, complex products that are not suitable for many investors, Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A. is investigating potential sales practice violations associated with recommendations and sales of the risky UBS ETRACS ETNs including unsuitable recommendations and the failure to fully and fairly disclose the risks of these types of investments. The UBS ETRACS ETNs were sold by brokerage firms including UBS Financial Services, Inc. and TD Ameritrade.
Since global securities markets have crashed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, UBS has called mandatory redemptions of certain ETRACS and has frozen the trading of other ETRACS. This has resulted in losses for investors, many of whom have lost a substantial percentage of the money that they invested in ETRACS.
Discuss Your UBS ETRACS Case with An Experienced Attorney
Our experienced and accomplished investment fraud attorneys can help you evaluate your claim and determine if you have a case. Call us at 888-616-4332 or contact us to meet with our UBS ETRACS experts.
ETRACS ETNs Are Complex and Risky Investments
ETRACS ETNs debt securities that are designed to track the total return of a specific market index. They are senior, unsecured, unsubordinated leveraged products that expose investors to significant risk of loss. Due to their risk and complexity, UBS ETRACS ETNs generally would not be appropriate for most investors. This includes investors with limited assets, retirees seeking a stable source of income, or conservative investors seeking to preserve their capital.
THE LISTED UBS ETRACS EXCHANGE TRADED FUNDS
The leveraged UBS ETRACS Exchange traded funds include the following, listed with the symbol description. If you have lost money investing with these funds, you may have a claim.
- BDCL 2x Leveraged Long Wells Fargo Business Development Company Index
- BDCY 2x Leveraged Long Wells Fargo Business Development Company Index
- CEFL 2x Leveraged Closed-End Fund
- CEFZ 2x Leveraged Closed-End Fund
- DVHL 2x Leveraged Diversified High Income
- DVYL 2x Leveraged Dow Jones Select Dividend Index
- HDLB 2x Leveraged U.S. High Dividend Low Volatility
- HOML 2x Leveraged ISE Exclusively Homebuilders
- LBDC 2x Leveraged Long Wells Fargo Business Development Company
- LMLB 2x Leveraged Wells Fargo MLP Ex-Energy
- LRET 2x Leveraged MSCI US REIT Index
- MLPQ 2x Monthly Leveraged Alerian MLP Infrastructure Index
- MLPZ 2x Monthly Leveraged S&P MLP Index
- MORL 2x Leveraged Mortgage REIT
- MRRL 2x Leveraged Mortgage REIT
- SDYL 2x Leveraged S&P Dividend
- SMHB 2x Leveraged US Small Cap High Dividend
- SMHD 2x Leveraged US Small Cap High Dividend
- WTID 3x Inverse Crude ETN linked to the Bloomberg WTI Crude Oil Subindex
DKR Gets Results
Dimond Kaplan & Rothstein, P.A. is a nationally recognized securities law firm that will aggressively pursue claims against UBS or TD Ameritrade to recover losses as a result of leveraged ETRACS Exchange Traded Notes. Our firm has extensive experience representing investors who have sustained losses due to misrepresentation or negligence or misconduct, including cases involving complex options strategies.
Assets Recovered for Investor
Recovery for Misrepresentation
Recovery for Fraudulent Securities
Recovery for Misrepresentation
Recovery for Broker Fraud
Recovery for Churning
Schedule a Consultation for Your UBS ETRACS Case
If your broker recommended that you purchase UBS Exchange-Traded Notes and you have lost money in those investments, you may have a claim to recover those losses through a FINRA arbitration claim.
Representing Clients Nationwide
Discuss the facts and circumstances behind your SIM Card swapping case with an experienced fraud attorney. We serve many clients throughout the country from offices located in Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Detroit, West Palm Beach, and Naples.
Visit Our NY Office
14 Wall St, 20th Floor
New York, New York 10005
Visit Our Miami Office
Grand Bay Plaza
2665 S. Bayshore Drive, Penthouse 2B
Miami, FL 33133
Visit Our Los Angeles Office
2029 Century Park East
Century Plaza Tower, Suite 400N
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Please note our offices are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please complete the form below. Translations services are available.